Flotegrot, Norwegian Cream Pudding
How to Make Flotegrot, Norwegian Cream Pudding
- 1Pour the cream into a very heavy 3 to 4 quart saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium heat and simmer x 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3Stir in ¼ cup of the flour, beating with a whisk to keep the mixture smooth.
- 4Whisk in the next ¼ cup of flour.
Using a wooden spoon continue to stir the batter which will be quite thick and must be stirred constantly throughout the whole process of cooking .
- 5Continue to cook and stir until the butterfat separates from the paste.
Pour off the butterfat into a small serving dish and keep warm (about ¼ cup).
- 6Slowly beat or whisk in the milk slowly with the salt, and 2 tablespoons sugar.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and beat until smooth and thickened.
- 7Stir together the cinnamon and l/2 cup sugar.
Serve with hot butter drippings and sugar and cinnamon.