Farmhouse Bread Pudding by freda
This is a Simple "Old" Recipe, I dug out of my recipes just his morning. I just wanted Old timey Bread pudding. This is very Good, and Very Easy to make. Plus You have the Memories of the past.
Those, "on the Farm Days" when You made Do with what You had on Hand. Compliments of Granny Brown.
I use Stale bread.
You can add a little Cinnamon if You desire.
We eat this warm with Milk or Cream over top or even Whip cream.
You can also eat this warm with a sprinkleing of Pdr Sugar, or a simple Vanilla or Lemon Sauce over the top.
It's Sooo Good. Hope You'll try and enjoy as much as we do.
NOTE: You can make a batch to serve 4 or 8 servings.
- 4 slices
- buttered bread ( stale preferred) 4-8 slices bigger batch
- 1/2 C
- raisins (1/2 c more for bigger batch)
- 2 eggs
- beaten (4 rggs bigger batch
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 C
- sugar or brn sugar ( 1/2 c for bigger batch)
- 2 C
- milk ( 3 cups for bigger batch)
- ( optional: ) 1 tsp cinnamon and or nutmeg
FARMHOUSE BREAD PUDDING BY FREDA
How to Make Farmhouse Bread Pudding by freda
- 1Preheat Oven @ 350 degrees
- 2Butter Bread slices, Cut into Cubes, then arrange in a 1 Qt baking dish.
Sprnkle with raisins.
- 3Combine the Remaining Ingredients in seperate bowl, Mix well, Pour over the bread and raisins.
- 4Place baking dish into a pan of Hot water,
( Water should come up at least 1/2 the side of the baking dish)
Bake for 45-60 min.
or till knife inserted comes out clean.
WARM, with a sprinkling of Pdr Sugar, or a Vanilla or Lemon Sauce. . . . Enjoy the memories of the Farmhouse!