Diabetic Cinnamon Cherry Bread Pudding
I tend to cut the serving size in half, and top with either a 1/2 cup of sugar-free vanilla pudding or light yogurt of your choice.
I intend to use either a whole grain or whole wheat bread in my next batch to increase the fiber. If anyone makes this substitution before I do, please leave a comment with your thoughts.
4 c3/4" cubed, texas toast bread
16 flvanilla almond milk, unsweetened
1/4 cbutter, sweet cream
1 1/2 tspcinnamon, ground
1/8 tspcloves, ground
2 Tbsptruvia, baking blend
1 ccherries, sun dried
How to Make Diabetic Cinnamon Cherry Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring almond milk and butter to just a simmer. Remove from heat, add cherries, and allow to cool for 15 mins.
- While milk mixture is heating, beat eggs in a large bowl until light and foamy. Whip in spices and salt.
- Slowly whip milk mixture into the egg mixture, add bread, and mix gently.
- Transfer to a 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Place baking dish into a 13" x 9" baking pan, and fill pan with 1" hot water.
- Bake 40-50 mins., or until a sharp knife inserted into the pudding comes out clean.