Croissant Apple Raisin Bread Pudding
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I loved the use of croissants in this recipe. It made the bready part of the recipe really light and flaky. And the custard part of the recipe ... well that was just delicious. This would be a wonderful dessert during the holidays. The Test Kitchen
- day old croissants split in half
- 1 can(s)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 14 oz
- milk, (can be skim, whole, 1 or 2 percent)
- 21 oz
- apple pie filling (1 can)
- 1 c
- large eggs
- 1 tsp
- good vanilla extract
- 2 tsp
- dark rum extract
- 1 tsp
- saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Croissant Apple Raisin Bread Pudding
- 1Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Spray a 10x12 baking pan with baking spray. Split croissants in half and place bottom half, split side up in pan. Spoon apple pie filling on croissants, sprinkle raisins on top, and place top half croissants on mixture.
- 2Place liquid ingredients in blender or food processor with dry spices, and mix thoroughly. It will smell just like Egg Nog!! Pour liquid ingredients into pan and press down on croissants to make sure all liquid is absorbed.
- 3Place aluminum foil over pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10-12 minutes more until croissants puff up. Let stand for about 10-15 minutes to set up. Serve with Vanilla or Butter Pecan Ice Cream.
You can use your own apples after cooking them for a bit on the stove with some sugar and spices, instead of the pie filling. This is a great dessert that will draw lots of compliments and most of the ingredients can be purchased right off the shelf! You can use different kinds of fruits. Make this your own, but the Rum Extract is an important ingredient. Please don't leave it out.