Cinnamon Apple French Toast Pudding
Noel likes to make a nice Sunday Brunch when she doesn't have to work.... she created this recipe and our family and friends all fell in love with it!
Noel has made this and delivered it to a friend who had surgery...by the friend's request.
Noel also makes this with peach, blackberries, brandy soaked raisins.... I think all taste great!!!
- 4 large
- eggs (well beaten)
- 2 c
- 1 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- ground allspice
- day old frosted cinnamon rolls (broken up)
- 1 can(s)
- apple pie filling
- 1/2 stick
- butter (or margarine)
- 2 Tbsp
- rum (added to milk and egg mixture)
- maple syrup or jam
How to Make Cinnamon Apple French Toast Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Very generously butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 2Mix together the Eggs, milk, cinnamon and allspice. Break up the frosted cinnamon rolls into about 6 - 8 pieces each. The older your rolls are...the dryer... they will crumble easier... that is ok if it happens. Soak this in the milk mixture. Pour into very well buttered 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Using a spoon, poke little "wells" all over the pan, place some apple pie filling slices into the little "wells" as you make them. Distributing fairly all over the pan. Place any remaining pie filling on top of the French Toast Mixture.
Pinch off small pieces of butter and distribute evenly on top of the french toast mixture.
- 4Put in oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- 5*** Serve with maple syrup or favorite jam.
*** Can make a rum sauce... but it is good as is...
*** Whip cream or ice cream is excellent with this...