CHOCOLATE BANANA UP-SIDE-DOWN PUDDING
First time I have EVER submitted recipe, but so enjoyed the beef bone and veg soup felt like sharing recipe of mine.
Typed this from memory as I went! Jeanne
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·2 bananas 1 cup self raising flour 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa powder
·4 tablespoons sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 7 tablespoons milk,
·2 tablespoons melted butter
·plus 2 tablespoons extra of butter and sugar for topping.
·need 9 inch round cake tin
How to Make CHOCOLATE BANANA UP-SIDE-DOWN PUDDING
- MELT EXTRA BUTTER AND SUGAR TOGETHER IN CAKE PAN ON TOP OF STOVE, STIRRING GENTLY OVER LOW HEAT. SLICE BANANAS IN ROUNDS AND PLACE IN CIRCLES ON TOP OF BUTTER AND SUGAR.
- Sift flour and cocoa together, add 4 tablespoons sugar. Mix, make hole in centre and mix in 2 tablespoons melted butter with wooden spoon. Gradually add beaten egg, and 7 tablespoons milk with teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Spoon mixture over Banana and butter & sugar mixture in cake tin.
- Cook in Moderate oven @ 190o Celcius for about 30 minutes. Test cake mixture with skewer to see if cooked.
- When out of oven place large serving plate upside down over tin and carefully and quickly turn out onto plate. Will have decorative effect of bananas on top.
- If want richer topping use raw or brown sugar with bananas. Serve with custard, cream or ice cream. Recipe given to me by my mum in 1960... Great family favourite.