Breakfast Berry Bread Pudding
Note: my carb calculations are for Whey Low Golden, which has 1 net carb per tablespoon.
4 ozcream cheese (low fat ok)
4 sliceday-old white bread
1/4 cbrown sugar or whey low golden or splenda brown sugar blend
1 to 2 cberries, mixed or not
1 tspvanilla extract
1 to 2 tspcinnamon sugar
How to Make Breakfast Berry Bread Pudding
- Spray 8 x 8 pan with oil. Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread cream cheese on bread, then cut bread into cubes and sprinkle in pan.
- Dice any remaining cheese and distribute over bread. You may use less than the entire 4 ounces of cream cheese and it will be fine.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar, then berries, and then 1/2 of brown sugar (2 T).
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over top. Sprinkle with rest of brown sugar.
- Bake in a bain marie at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes. Test with knife; it should come out clean.
- HINT: for bain marie, place casserole in a larger casserole, put on rack in preheated oven, then pour boiling water in larger pan to come up to at least half the height of casserole dish.
- Allow to cool slightly. Cut in 9 squares.
- OPTIONAL: Serve over a pool of pureed berries and top with plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.