Amy Cook Provstgaard
How to Make Bread Pudding
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat milk just until film forms over top. Add butter and stir until butter is melted. Cool to lukewarm.
- Combine sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Slowly add milk mixture and mix.
- Tear bread into small pieces. Place bread in lightly greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with raisins, then pour batter on top of bread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until set. Serve warm.