Baked Coconut Egg Custard
How to Make Baked Coconut Egg Custard
- 1Preheat oven to 350F. Boil 2-3 cups water. Place a 1 1/2 quart casserole in an oblong baking dish. Lightly coat the casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and salt until blended.
- 3In a medium saucepan, heat milk to just below simmering over medium heat.
- 4Gradually whisk milk into eggs and stir in extracts, nutmeg and coconut.
- 5Pour into the casserole. Pour boiling water into baking dish to about 1-inch depth.
- 6Bake 45-50 minutes, or until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- 7Remove casserole to a wire rack and cool 1 hour.
- 8Serve with whipped topping, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
- 9NOTE: Can be made in 4 8-oz. custard cups. Bake only 30-35 minutes.