Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Bread Pudding
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Bread Pudding
- 1Preheat oven to 375° F. Chop bagels into bite size pieces.
- 2Lightly butter a 1 ½ quart pie plate or a baking dish
- 3Peel and slice apples thin. Toss apple wedges in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and cinnamon.
- 4Melt butter in a non-stick skillet over moderate heat and cook apples, turning occasionally, until golden on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- 5Transfer to prepared dish with bagel pieces.
- 6Whisk together half and half, eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until combined well.
- 7Pour mixture over apples and bagel pieces.
- 8Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Bake in middle of oven until puffed and golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- 10Cool for about one hour...pudding will set up.