Yummy Egg Nog Holiday Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
14 oz boxvanilla pudding- jello cook and serve
1prepared pie crust (store bought or home-made)
1 tspvanilla extract
1/4 coptional-brandy (or another liquor if preferable).
8oz can(s)condensed milk
2 cmilk (any percentage)
2 cwhipping cream
1/4 cegg nog
How to Make Yummy Egg Nog Holiday Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread pie crust into a 9" pie pan and bake in the 350 degree oven until cooked. Crust should be slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the pie crust is baking, combine the rest of the pie filling ingredients into a saucepan and heat on the stove-top over medium heat.
- Cook until the consistency is a nice, thick pudding, stirring frequently. This process usually takes approximately 10 minutes. If it's not thickening, increase the temperature and carefully watch to make sure it's not burning on the bottom. Continue to stir.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, pour into the cooled pie pan, cover, and place in the refrigerator until set, at least 2 hours.
- For topping: Whip the whipping cream and egg nog with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Cover the prepared pie with the topping.