Yellow Squash Cream Pie
- 2 c
- yellow squash
- pie shell, baked ( i prefer graham cracker)
- 1 c
- evaporated milk
- 2 c
- sugar or sugar cinnamon mix (or splenda)
- 2 tsp
- 3 tsp
- all purpose flour (or baking mix)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon (if you don't use sugar/cinnamon mix)
- 1/4 Tbsp
- freshly grated nutmeg
How to Make Yellow Squash Cream Pie
- 1Cook squash until tender. Drain squash. Excess water will make pie too "mushy." Allow squash to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 2Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree.
- 3Pour into pie shell & top with a sprinkle of brown sugar & cinnamon.
- 4Bake on middle rack @ 325 for 50-65 minutes.
Let cool on pie rack.
- 5Top with Ice Cream or a slice of cheese, depends on the area you were raised! I have also topped it with some good condensed milk as well!! Just add your own flair to the pie whether it be sweet or spicy!!