Yellow Squash Cream Pie
2 cyellow squash
1pie shell, baked ( i prefer graham cracker)
1 cevaporated milk
2 csugar or sugar cinnamon mix (or splenda)
3 tspall purpose flour (or baking mix)
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 tspcinnamon (if you don't use sugar/cinnamon mix)
1/4 Tbspfreshly grated nutmeg
How to Make Yellow Squash Cream Pie
- Cook squash until tender. Drain squash. Excess water will make pie too "mushy." Allow squash to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and puree.
- Pour into pie shell & top with a sprinkle of brown sugar & cinnamon.
- Bake on middle rack @ 325 for 50-65 minutes.
Let cool on pie rack.
- Top with Ice Cream or a slice of cheese, depends on the area you were raised! I have also topped it with some good condensed milk as well!! Just add your own flair to the pie whether it be sweet or spicy!!