Valrhona Chocolate Pie
- 1 pkg
- pre made pie crust allowed to set out at room temp.
- 2 c
- white sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- good quality unsweetened cocoa - you can buy valrhona chocolate on amazon, or go to the valrhona chocolate website www.valrhona.com
- 2 large
- squares of valrhona chocolate (buy in cut up portions at the market)
- 1/4 c
- all purpos flour
- 1 can(s)
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp
- orange liquor (optional) but good!!
- 4 large
- egg yolks
- 1/4 c
FILLING: COMBINE ALL INGREDIENCE IN A MEDIUM SAUCEPAN
How to Make Valrhona Chocolate Pie
- 1Spray a pie pan before forming your dough around the pie pan.
- 2On medium heat, add all of the listed ingrediences and combine allowing it to boil for 2 minutes..continually stirring the pan. Pour it all into the pie shell and place it in the oven for 45 to 55 minutes. Allow the pie to sit for 30 minutes and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. At this time you can do 1 of 2 things. You can top this with home made whipping cream Or coolwhip if you preffer. Or use the remaining egg whites to make a meringue using 1/4 cup sugar. Place the eg whitesd in a bowl and beat until you see soft peaks..gradually add the 1/4 cup sugar until stiffer peaks form. Refrigerate until the pie is cooled and ready to be topped. OH SO GOOD!