The Boss's Key Lime Pie
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/2 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/2 cgranulated sugar
4 Tbspbutter, melted (1/2 stick)
3 largeegg yolks, room temperature
1 can(s)(14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 ckey lime juice (6-12 limes)
2 tsplime zest
1 ccold heavy whipping cream
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
How to Make The Boss's Key Lime Pie
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch pie or tart pan with nonstick spray. In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter; press mixture firmly into prepared pie plate. Bake until deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temp. Lower oven temp to 350 degrees F.
- For Filling: In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolk until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk; beat until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat in lime juice and zest.
- Pour filling into prepared pie crust; bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until filling is set. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire rack. Once it is completely cooled, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- For Topping: Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for about 20 minutes before whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Pipe cream stars using Wilton 1M star tip or place dollops of whipped cream on top of the filling.
- To Garnish: take one full slice from a lime, slice 3/4 of the way through slice and twist slightly. Place on pile of whipped cream in center of pie.
- Serve and enjoy the compliments!