☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- pastry for 9-inch pie, or frozen pie crust
- 2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp
- egg yolk (discard egg white or reserve for another use)
- 1 c
- 1 tsp
How to Make Tarte au Sucre (Sugar Pie)
- 1Roll out pastry and fit into 9-inch pie plate; trim and flute edges.
- 2In bowl, blend sugar, flour, and salt.
- 3In separate bowl using electric mixer, beat eggs and yolk until frothy; beat in milk and vanilla.
- 4Stir egg mixture into sugar mixture till smooth.
- 5Pour into prepared pie shell.
- 6Bake in 400F (205C) oven for 10 minutes; reduce to 350F (175C) and bake for about 35 minutes or till crust is golden brown and filling is set.
- 7Allow to cool on rack.