☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·pastry for 9-inch pie, or frozen pie crust
2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1egg yolk (discard egg white or reserve for another use)
How to Make Tarte au Sucre (Sugar Pie)
- Roll out pastry and fit into 9-inch pie plate; trim and flute edges.
- In bowl, blend sugar, flour, and salt.
- In separate bowl using electric mixer, beat eggs and yolk until frothy; beat in milk and vanilla.
- Stir egg mixture into sugar mixture till smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake in 400F (205C) oven for 10 minutes; reduce to 350F (175C) and bake for about 35 minutes or till crust is golden brown and filling is set.
- Allow to cool on rack.