Super Easy Cherry Pie
Rose Mary Mogan
- 1 box
- pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 2 can(s)
- 21 oz. each cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 tsp
- almond extract
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- `1 tsp
- sugar, [ i use raw (turbinado) sugar]
How to Make Super Easy Cherry Pie
- 5Place pie on a cookie sheet to catch any spills, and bake in a preheated 425 degree F. oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown. After first 15 minutes of baking cover edges of crust with aluminum foil strips to prevent from over browning. Cool at least 1 hour or more before serving.
- 6Please note you can also brush the top of the crust with an egg wash, that's 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water, then brushed over the top of the crust, and sprinkled with regular sugar or raw sugar.
Raw sugar is used by pastry chefs, and can be found in most large grocery food chains. I found mine at Wal Mart.