Sugar Free Cherry Pie
- 3 c
- all pupose flour
- 1 1/2 stick
- frozen butter, diced
- 1/4 c
- frozen crisco
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 to 2/3 c
- vodka, very cold
- 6 c
- cherries, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1/4 c
- minute tapioca
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
PIE DOUGH (DOUBLE CRUST)
How to Make Sugar Free Cherry Pie
- 1assemble all dry ingredients for pastry dough in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse for 10 to 12 one second pulses. The fats should be perfectly cut in at this point
- 2At this time drizzle in the vodka as you continue to pulse. In about 10 more pulses the dough should come together enough that you can form it into 2 disks of equal size. Wrap each disk in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. (after 50 minutes in the 400 degree oven the alcohol will evaporate)
- 3While dough chills, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4At this time mix together all the filling items and set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- 5Once the dough has chilled roll out one disk and line your nine inch pie pan. pour in filling.
roll out second dough and top the pie. Crimp the edges and cut several steam vents in the top
- 6before the pie goes in the oven be sure to wrap the edges of your pie in foil. they will get very dark if you don't. bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes. Your oven may differ from mine so start checking it at about 35 minutes
- 7When it comes out of the oven it must rest for 30 minutes. if you skip this step all of your liquids will run all over. They must have time to set up before you cut it!