Strawberry Glaze Pie-Grannys
Mary R Morris
- 1 quart of strawberries
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 cup of heavy cream,-whipped or small tub of cool whip
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar -omit if using cool whip
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg(i leave this out )but she did not
- 9" baked pie shell( i have use graham cracker crust)
How to Make Strawberry Glaze Pie-Grannys
- 1Wash and hull strawberries. To make the Glaze..Mix 1 cup of strawberries,1 cup of water and sugar together.Bring to a boil,quickly ,and then reduce heat and cook gently 15 minutes.
- 2Mix cornstarch and remaning water to form a paste.Then add to the cooked strawberries.Cook over low heat stirring constantly untill thick and clear..Strain and cool.
- 3Beat whipping cream untill stiff.Gently stir in confectioners sugar .IF USING COOL WHIP OMIT THE WHIPPING CREAM...Spread half of the whipping cream or Cool Whip in bottom of the pie shell .Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4Put 3 cups of the strawberries on top of the cream or cool whip.Pour the glaze,over the strawberries.Chill for at least 3 hours.Just before serving ,after sliced spoon on some whipped crean or cool whip on top of the slice of pie
- 5I have use whole frozen strawberries ,when I could not get the fresh .BUT fresh is much better...