Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
2 pkgcream cheese (regular or low-fat)
8 ozstrawberry flavored whipped cream cheese
2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 csour cream
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 & 1/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/3 cbutter or margarine, melted
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
- To make the crust: mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Spread into a 9 in. pie pan, pressing crumbs across the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
- There are two ways to firm up the crust.
A. You can chill it in the fridge for one hour until set. Or
B. You can bake it in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Then it must cool for about an hour before it is filled.
- To make the filling: start by bringing all the cream cheese to room temperature. Let it sit, wrapped, on the counter for 30 minutes. If you need to, you can unwrap it, put it in a microwave dish, and nuke it at 30% power for one minute. That will warm it up. You don't want to melt it.
In a medium bowl, mix the PLAIN cream cheese with the sugar. Whip it for one minute. Add the vanilla extract and sour cream. Whip it again for one minute.
- Open the strawberry cream cheese. Stir it to loosen it.
You have a couple of choices here.
A. Alternate the strawberry cream cheese with the plain by dolloping it across the crust. Swirl with a knife.
B. Pour half the Plain cream cheese into the pie crust. Dollop the strawberry one on top. Cover with remaining plain cream cheese. Swirl with a knife.
C. Pour all the Plain cream cheese into the crust. Spread the strawberry cream cheese across the top of the pie, leaving a ring of the plain cheese showing by the crust.
- Chill the pie for 4 hours before serving. Enjoy!
You can use a pre-made graham cracker crust. Or a cookie crust.