Splendid Apple Pie
If you like your apple pie more tart than sweet you will love this one!
You can always use a sweeter apple or add more Splenda.
We liked the tartness. My 14 year old granddaughter(who's getting very picky on what she likes) says it's the best apple pie she's ever had! Luv my Bethany!!
I hope you like it.
1prepared double pie crust
6-7 mediumgranny smith apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
1 csplenda no calorie sweetener granulated
4 Tbspsplenda brown sugar blend
3 Tbspcorn starch
3 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Splendid Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place one crust into a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- Place sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice (to help keep them from turning brown) set aside.
- Combine Splenda granulated sweetener, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie crust. Place second crust over filling. Seal edges, trim and flute edges, make small openings in top crust.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 60 minutes. Or until top crust is golden.