Splendid Apple Pie
If you like your apple pie more tart than sweet you will love this one!
You can always use a sweeter apple or add more Splenda.
We liked the tartness. My 14 year old granddaughter(who's getting very picky on what she likes) says it's the best apple pie she's ever had! Luv my Bethany!!
I hope you like it.
- prepared double pie crust
- 6-7 medium
- granny smith apples peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- splenda no calorie sweetener granulated
- 4 Tbsp
- splenda brown sugar blend
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- lemon juice
How to Make Splendid Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Place one crust into a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
- 3Place sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice (to help keep them from turning brown) set aside.
- 4Combine Splenda granulated sweetener, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small bowl.
- 5Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss.
- 6Spoon apple mixture into pie crust. Place second crust over filling. Seal edges, trim and flute edges, make small openings in top crust.
- 7Bake in preheated 375 degrees F. oven for 60 minutes. Or until top crust is golden.