Splendalicious Apple Pie
- refrigerated pie crusts
- granny smith apples (you can use white house canned apples, drained)
- 1/4 c
- splenda brown
- 2 Tbsp
- self rising flour
- 1/2 c
- splenda granular
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter (i put it in the freezer because it is easier to shave)
How to Make Splendalicious Apple Pie
- 1Place one refrigerated pie crust in greased pie plate. Peel, cut, and core apples. If using a apple cutter/corer cut up wedges into small slices. If not you need to cut the apples like making potato salad into small pieces. Place apples into uncooked shell.
- 2In small bowl mix, sugars or Splenda and Splenda brown, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg. Sprinkle over the apples trying to cover all of them. Take butter out of freezer and shave thin slices over the mixture using the 2 tbsps. Place second pie crust over apples and press the edges together. You can cut criscrosses or some other design in the edges to fancy it up, but you need to use knife to make cuts in the top of the crust to vent. You can also cut the second crust into strips and place on top criscrossing the strips. I place a cookie sheet under dish to catch any spillage or a piece of tin foil on bottom of oven. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until crust is good and done. Cool. Cut into 8 slices and serve with or without ice cream.
- 3I have calculated the points for Weight Watchers and it is 7 points per slice. Ice Cream points not included. I have also made this pie with sugar and dark brown sugar and it is cup for cup.