Spicy Blueberry Surprize
1 pkgrefrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1/2 ptblueberries, fresh
1 smallhabanera pepper, finely chopped
4 ozcream cheese
1 Tbspcane sugar, heaping
1/4 cpowdered sugar
·zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cblueberry jam
1/4 cpomegranate juice
1 largeegg **make egg wash by adding a little water to egg**
How to Make Spicy Blueberry Surprize
- in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, habanera pepper, lemon zest and sugar. mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. on a floured surface, roll out pie crusts into (12) 3 inch rounds.
- take a tsp of cream cheese mixture and a few blueberries and place in the center of the pie crust round. on the edge of one half put a little egg wash mixture. fold to make a half moon and seal edges. take a fork and press down the ends. brush the tops with some of the egg wash.
- place empanadas on on a ligtly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. remove from oven.
- in a small sauce pan add jam and juice. simmer for a 2-3 minutes until mixture has loosened and able to be drizzled. on small dessert plates, place 2 empanadas drizzle the jam mixture and sprinkle with powdered sugar. enjoy