Spicy Blueberry Surprize
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 1/2 pt
- blueberries, fresh
- 1 small
- habanera pepper, finely chopped
- 4 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- cane sugar, heaping
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 c
- blueberry jam
- 1/4 c
- pomegranate juice
- 1 large
- egg **make egg wash by adding a little water to egg**
How to Make Spicy Blueberry Surprize
- 1in a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, habanera pepper, lemon zest and sugar. mix well.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. on a floured surface, roll out pie crusts into (12) 3 inch rounds.
- 3take a tsp of cream cheese mixture and a few blueberries and place in the center of the pie crust round. on the edge of one half put a little egg wash mixture. fold to make a half moon and seal edges. take a fork and press down the ends. brush the tops with some of the egg wash.
- 4place empanadas on on a ligtly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. remove from oven.
- 5in a small sauce pan add jam and juice. simmer for a 2-3 minutes until mixture has loosened and able to be drizzled. on small dessert plates, place 2 empanadas drizzle the jam mixture and sprinkle with powdered sugar. enjoy