Southwest Shepherd's Pie
- medium potatoes, boiled, drained and mashed with a little butter and milk
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 14 oz. can(s)
- black beans, rinsed
- 1 c
- frozen corn
- 1 c
- mild salsa or picante sauce
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Southwest Shepherd's Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 or 9 inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2In skillet the beef was browned in, over low heat, stir together beef, black beans, corn, salsa, chili powder, and cumin. Spread in bottom of pan.
- 3Spread mashed potatoes over top of beef mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 4Baked for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.