Rocky Road Pie
1 pkgchocolate fudge cake mix
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 3/4 cwhipping cream, chilled
2/3 cminature marshmallows
2/3 cchopped, walnuts
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbspwhipping cream
1 ozcoarsely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
How to Make Rocky Road Pie
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 or 10 inch pie pan and dust with granulated sugar.
- Reserve 1 and 2/3 cup of dry cake mix, loosely packed. Beat remaining cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a medium bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly for 30 seconds.
- Beat again on medium speed for 2 minutes and spread in prepared pie plate.
- Bake until cake springs back when touched lightly in center, 30-35 minutes. Cool completely.
- Reserve one tablespoon of the whipping cream. Beat remaining whipping cream and reserved dry cake mix until stiff. Fold in marshmallows, walnuts and chocolate chips and spread over cooled cake.
- To make chocolate glaze heat the one tablespoon of reserved whipping cream with the butter and the ounce of semi-sweet chocolate over medium heat, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Immediately drizzle the glaze over the top of the pie and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.