Manly Quiche/Omelet Pie (Real Men "DO" Eat Quiche)
Kimmi Knippel (Sweet_Memories)
Guys...try to think of it as an omelet in pie form or Omelet Pie!
4 ozmushrooms, fresh, sliced
1 mediumonion, diced
3 ozitalian sausage, no casings, crumbled
1 sheetpillsbury refrigerated pie crust dough (pillsbury works great)
3 citalian blend or cheddar cheese, shredded
4 x largeeggs
1 cheavy cream, cold
·salt & pepper, to taste
·garlic powder. to taste
How to Make Manly Quiche/Omelet Pie (Real Men "DO" Eat Quiche)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, add sausage & bacon, cook, until no longer pink; 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add butter, onions & mushrooms, season with salt, pepper & garlic powder; cook until onions are translucent; 10 minutes. Set aside & cool slightly, 10 minutes.
- Fit dough into 9" pie plate; flute edge.
- Sprinkle enough cheese in bottom of crust, about ½ - 1 C.
- Beat eggs with cream, salt, pepper & garlic powder. Pour into crust; sprinkle with about ½ - 1 C cheese.