- 7 c
- rasberries, washed and drained(about 4 pints)
- 2 c
- water, cool
- 1 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 2/3 c
- clearjel® (cooking starch used for canning)
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- blue and red food coloring(optional)
- pint glass preserving jars
How to Make Rasberry Pie Filling
- 11.) PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- 2COMBINE sugar and ClearJel® in a large stainless steel saucepan. Whisk in water. Add blue and red food coloring, if using, a few drops at a time, until the desired color is achieved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice, return to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low. Quickly fold in raspberries and return to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently and gently until mixture boils. Remove from heat.
- 3Ladle hot pie filling into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- 4Process jars in a boiling water canner for 30 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.