Quebec Sugar Pie
This recipe does come from "Company's Coming Cooking at Home Cookbook by Jean Pare" However, the recipe belongs to Anne Jewett-Page, Knowlton , Quebec.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
·1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
·1/4 butter or hard margarine melted
·pinch of salt
·3 large eggs fork beaten
·1 1/2 cups of maple syrup
·1 1/2 tsp vanilla
·1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
How to Make Quebec Sugar Pie
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients, in order given. Combine well after each addition.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a 350F oven for about 1 hour until top is browned and a knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let stand at room temperature to cool completely before slicing.
- Serves: 8-10
- My Note: Before baking, place pie plate on a cookie sheet to catch any spills. It makes for easier clean up later.