Pumpkin Ginger Pie
- 2 large
- 1/2 c
- packed, splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/4 c
- 1 15 oz
- can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 heaping tsp
- crystallized ginger, chopped fine
- 1 12 oz
- can evaporated milk
- unbaked, deep dish pie shell
How to Make Pumpkin Ginger Pie
- 1Preheat oven, 400 degrees F.
In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add pumpkin, both splendas and spices. Mix until throughly combined. Add evaporated milk and blend throughly.
- 2Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
Place pumpkin filled pie shell on foil lined baking sheet. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 and bake another 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and serve with whipped topping if desired.
- 3Notes: I used a pre-made deep-dish frozen pie shell. I defrosted the pie shell before adding the pumpkin mixture. I also had more filling than would fit into the pie shell. I just poured the remaining pumpkin mixture into a custard cup and placed in the oven when I turned it down to 350.