Pumpkin Chiffon Pies
How to Make Pumpkin Chiffon Pies
- In a bowl mix together the first 5 dry ingredients.
- In a large cooking pot mix the 3 cups of pure pumpkin and add the dry ingredients from the bowl, mixing with a wire whisk.
- add the 3 cups of milk and stir well, heat till it bubbles stirring often. meantime beat eggs in another bowl.
- when pumpkin mixture is hot, add a little to the bowl of beaten eggs stirring continuously till the eggs are warm then pour into hot pumpkin in the pot slowly so you don't cook the eggs.
- fill prepared pie crusts and bake at 400* for 10 mins. reduce heat to 350* and bake till done (40 mins in my oven).
- Delicious with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or just plain.