Potato Topped Chicken Pie
1 can(s)low sodium chicken broth
1onion, coarsly chopped
6 ozfrozen peas
1 tspthyme, dried
6 cmashed potatoes
·ms. dash (optional)
How to Make Potato Topped Chicken Pie
- Place chicken and broth on crock pot or dutch oven and cook till the chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from the broth, debone and chop coarsly.
- Strain the fat from the broth and add enough water to make 5 cups. Move broth to Large sauce pan.
- Add onions, carrots and peas, and cook till the carrots are tender.
- Add flour to 1 cup water and mix till flour is dissolved. Add to broth and cook till thickened.
- Stir in chicken. Prepare mashed potatoes and drop onto the top of the chicken mixture.
- Place under broiler till the potatoes start to brown.