Potato Topped Chicken Pie
- 1 can(s)
- low sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
- onion, coarsly chopped
- carrot, sliced
- 6 oz
- frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- thyme, dried
- 6 c
- mashed potatoes
- ms. dash (optional)
How to Make Potato Topped Chicken Pie
- 1Place chicken and broth on crock pot or dutch oven and cook till the chicken is done.
- 2Remove chicken from the broth, debone and chop coarsly.
- 3Strain the fat from the broth and add enough water to make 5 cups. Move broth to Large sauce pan.
- 4Add onions, carrots and peas, and cook till the carrots are tender.
- 5Add flour to 1 cup water and mix till flour is dissolved. Add to broth and cook till thickened.
- 6Stir in chicken. Prepare mashed potatoes and drop onto the top of the chicken mixture.
- 7Place under broiler till the potatoes start to brown.