Pie Crust yes you CAN do it
- 2 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces (keep in fridge till ready to use)
- 1/4-1/2 c
- ice water
How to Make Pie Crust yes you CAN do it
- 1First...the SECRET. Cold. Everything has to be cold cold. I put the food processor bowl and parts in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Have 2 squares of plastic wrap cut and ready.
- 2In the bowl of the food processor, combine all ingredients except water. Pulse until mix resembles course meal, about 8 - 10 seconds.
- 3With machine running, add ice water in a slow steady stream just until dough hold together without being wet. Not more more than 30 seconds.
- 4Divide dough into 2 equal balls. Flatten each into a disk and wrap in platic wrap. Then straight to the refridgerator for at least an hour. A must. Handle as little as possible and keep everything as cold as possible. After you fill the bottom crust, BACK in refridgerator while you roll out the top crust. Then after topping pie, back in for another half hour then straight from the cold to the oven. Honestly, this will make your pie crust tender and flaky. It works.
- 5NOTE: Brush pie crust with CREAM....not egg whites. Cream browns it evenly. comes out perfect.