☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 1/4 call-purpose flour
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 1/2 stick(12 tablespoons) butter, cut in small pieces
1/2 cice water
How to Make Pie Crust For Fruit Filling With Lattice Top Crust
- USING A FOOD PROCESSOR:
Process flour, sugar, salt and butter using on/off turns until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With motor running, add water and process just until dough leaves side of bowl. Continue with step #5
- BY HAND:
Mix flour, sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Using a pastry blender or fingers, cut or rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring after each addition until mixture clumps and forms a dough.
- Press dough together. Cut off 1/3 and shape both pieces into balls.
- Flatten each into 1-inch thick rounds, wrap and refrigerate until ready to fill (up to 3 days ahead).
- When ready to fill, roll out larger piece of dough on a lightly floured surface. Make into a 14-inch circle. Trim to an even 13 inches.
- Line a pie plate with dough, add filling.
- Roll out remaining dough to a 12-inch circle. With a pastry wheel or knife, cut ten 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Arrange 5 strips on filling, using longest in center. Top with remaining strips in opposite direction. Press ends to edge of bottom crust and trim excess. Bring bottom crust up over ends of strips to make a rim. Flute rim.
- Brush lattice with milk. Place pie on cookie sheet to catch drips. Bake as directed for your chosen filling.