Pecan Pie That'll Make Your Mouth Water
1 1/2 ccorn syrup (I use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
1 1/2 tspvanilla
1 1/2 cpecans, coarsely broken and whole ones
1/4 cbutter softened
1unbaked deep dish pie shell
How to Make Pecan Pie That'll Make Your Mouth Water
- In a saucepan boil sugar and corn syrups together for 2-3 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs lightly.
- Very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
- Make sure it's smooth.
- Stir in the room temperature butter (if you need to nuke it not to the melted point just so it's soft). Stir in the vanilla too.
- Add the roughly chopped pecans and stir together.
- Pour into the pie crust.
- Top the pie with the whole pecans.