Pecan Pie Bars
Straws Kitchen(*o *)
She did not say where she got it, so, I don't have a clue where it's from.
BUT...it sounds so good I wanted to share it with you all because I plan on making it myself. Sounds almost as good as a Pecan Pie!
(photo is NOT mine...it's the one Irene sent with the recipe)
P.S I revamped it to be more diet friendly before posting it, CinStraw
2 stick(1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cpacked brown sugar splenda
2 2/3 call-purpose flour
1/2 tspsea salt
1 stick1/2 cup) unsalted butter
1 cpacked brown sugar splenda
1/3 ccup honey (local honey is best for you)
2 Tbspheavy cream
2 cchopped pecans
How to Make Pecan Pie Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line a 9x13-inch pan with foil, leave enough for a 2" overhang on all sides.
- Start by making your crust, creaming together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy (in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment).
Add in flour and salt then mix until crumbly.
- Press into your foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- While your crust bakes, prepare the filling.
Combine the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan. Stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in your chopped pecans.
- Remove your crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust, spread it to cover the entire surface of crust.
- Return your pan to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to fully cool "in the pan" on top of a wire cooling rack.
- Useing the foil overhang, lift out the bars and transfer them to a cutting surface.
Peel foil off, and slice into serving size bars.