- 6 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 c
- egg yolk
- egg, beaten
- 2 tsp
- 1 c
- almonds, blanched, ground
- 2 Tbsp
- recipe cream cheese pastry, (to follow)
- ripe pears
- 4 Tbsp
- sugar, for sprinkling
- 1/2 c
- apricot jam
- 1 tsp
How to Make Pear Tarts
- 11.Preheat oven to 400* and place baking sheet in oven to heat.
2.Cream butter in food processor and gradually add sugar; continue beating until mixture is light.
3.Gradually add egg and yolk, beating well after each addition. Add brandy and stir in ground almonds and flour.
- 24.Roll Cream Cheese Pastry to 1/4 in thickness and line 4-5 lightly buttered tartlet pans.
5.Spread filling evenly in pastry.
6.Peel, core and 1/2 each pear. slice and arrange in desired pattern on top of filling.
- 37. Bake tartlets on baking sheet near bottom of heated oven until pastry dough begins to brown. About 10-15 minutes.
8.Sprinkle tops of tartlets with sugar to add caramelized finish.
9.Reduce oven temperature to 350*, and continue baking until pears are tender and filling is set, about 8 to 12 minutes longer.
10. Transfer tarts to cooling rack.
before serving, melt apricot jam in small saucepan over low heat, adding 1 teaspoon of water if needed to thin. brush tarts with melted jam and serve.
- 4Cream cheese Pastry
2 cups flour
1 teas. salt
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
8 oz. cream cheese, cut into small pieces
2 egg yolks2-3 Tbsp. water
In food processor fitted with cutting blade, pulse flour salt and butter until crumbly. Add cream cheese and pulse just to mix.
Add egg yolks and cold water, blend just until dough forms ball. wrap with saran wrap and chill 30 minutes
Before rolling or shaping, let dough warm to room temp.