No Guilt Key Lime Pie
- 2 c
- fiber one bran cereal
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp
- unflavored gelatin
- 4 oz
- (1/2 of 8 oz. pkg) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened (neufchâtel)
- 4 oz. containers of key lime pie flavored yogurt
- 8 oz
- reduced fat cool whip , thawed
- about 2 Tbsp
- fresh lime peel, grated for garnish
FILLING AND TOPPING:
How to Make No Guilt Key Lime Pie
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet until cereal looks like graham cracker crumbs (or finely crush in food processor).
- 2In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients until blended. Press crust mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and up side of 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until firm. Cool completely, about 1 hour. ( WHEN I AM IN A HURRY, I USE A PURCHASED 9 INCH GRAHAM CRACKER OR VANILLA WAFER CRUST.
- 3In 1-quart saucepan, mix water and lime juice. Sprinkle gelatin on lime juice mixture; let stand 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 4In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add yogurt and lime juice mixture; beat on medium speed until well blended. Fold in whipped topping and lime peel. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate until set and ready to serve, allow at least 2 hours to set.