How to Make My Bumble Berry Pie
- Measure out flour,
- mix in Crisco to resemble fine bread crumbs, do not over work
- Stir in ice cold water until mixture comes to a ball
- Wrap pastry in Saran wrap and rest for 1 hour in fridge or overnight.
- Remove pastry from fridge and cut off 1 third for top crust, roll out bottom 2 thirds and line an 8 inch pie plate. fill with peeled and sliced apples and mixed berries cover with top crust and seal well.
- Place pie dish onto a cookie sheet to prevent spills in oven and bake for 40 mins, apples will still be firm and hold their shape but will be cooked.
- Remove pie from oven and move to a cooling rack, serve warm or cold with ice cream