Mom's (Jan Chelf) Pumpkin Pie
2 Tbspmelted butter or margarine
2 cpumpkin, canned or cooked
How to Make Mom's (Jan Chelf) Pumpkin Pie
- Prepare TWO (2) DEEP DISH pie crusts for this recipe. Placing them on a cookie sheet makes it easier to place in the oven and remove them once they are done.
PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs before adding them to the dry ingredients and then add the melted butter (Mom used margarine, I use butter).
- Add the Milk (I use half and half) and the 2 cups of pumpkin (1 can of pumpkin will be perfect) to the bowl. Gently mix together.
- Pour into the pie crusts (fill to the edge). Yes it is very liquidy as this is more of a custard type of dish.
Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil to protect them.
Place in oven and bake at 450 for 15 minutes. SET A TIMER!!!
- Once the timer has gone off, do not OPEN the oven and immediately LOWER the temperature setting to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30-40 minutes.
- Pie is done when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove the foil from the edges and serve!
Serve with ice cream or whipped topping!