★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp
- cocoa powder
- egg yolks
- 3 c
- whole milk
- stick of salted butter (cut in cubes)
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 9 inch deep dish crust
How to Make Mom's Chocolate Pie
- 1In a small bowl, mix first three ingredients together and set aside.
- 2In a medium Sauce pan, whisk milk, and eggs together
- 3Pour dry ingredients into the milk mixture and whisk together. Now add cut butter to your mixture and place on medium low heat stirring constantly. NOTE: At this point, do not walk away or stop stirring. The pudding will scorch and stick into clumps if you do.
- 4Continue stirring scraping sides and bottom until the pudding becomes thick and creamy. It may start to resemble cottage cheese in texture when its ready.
- 5Remove from burner and add vanilla stirring to remove any lumps. Pour into your precooked pie crust. Allow to cool and cover or add meringue. *Keep Refrigerated