★★★★★ 2 votes5
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 call purpose flour
5 Tbspcocoa powder
3 cwhole milk
1stick of salted butter (cut in cubes)
1/2 tspvanilla extract
19 inch deep dish crust
How to Make Mom's Chocolate Pie
- In a small bowl, mix first three ingredients together and set aside.
- In a medium Sauce pan, whisk milk, and eggs together
- Pour dry ingredients into the milk mixture and whisk together. Now add cut butter to your mixture and place on medium low heat stirring constantly. NOTE: At this point, do not walk away or stop stirring. The pudding will scorch and stick into clumps if you do.
- Continue stirring scraping sides and bottom until the pudding becomes thick and creamy. It may start to resemble cottage cheese in texture when its ready.
- Remove from burner and add vanilla stirring to remove any lumps. Pour into your precooked pie crust. Allow to cool and cover or add meringue. *Keep Refrigerated