Moms Chess Pie
1/2 cbutter or i can't believe its not butter
1 1/4 csugar
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla extract
1/2 ccarnation evaporated milk -luke warm/ not hot!
19-inch deep dish pie shell
How to Make Moms Chess Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt butter and let cool.
- Heat Carnation Evaporated Milk to Lukewarm
- Mix dry ingredients in bowl.
- Mix in eggs, 1 egg at a time.
- Mix in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix in melted butter and lukewarm carnation milk. (make sure the butter and milk are NOT HOT)
- Pour batter into a 9 inch unbaked pie shell. Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F and continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Remove pie and let cool. (can be served warm or cold)
- Refrigerate Leftovers (yeh right, like theres gonna be any!!)