Mocha Chocolate Pie
* Time does not include chill time of 3 hours.
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
2 cwhipping cream
2 Tbspinstant coffee granules
1 tspvanilla extract
1prepared chocolate crumb or graham cracker crumb crust, 9 inch
·chocolate, fudge, or caramel ice cream topping, shaved chocolate and/or toasted almonds to garnish
How to Make Mocha Chocolate Pie
- In large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Set aside and cool.
- Beat cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low speed until granules and sugar are dissolved. Then, beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- Gradually and gently, fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- Spread with reserved whipped cream mixture. Garnish as desired by drizzling with chocolate or caramel, toasted almonds or shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.