Mocha Chocolate Pie
* Time does not include chill time of 3 hours.
- 1 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 c
- whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp
- instant coffee granules
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- prepared chocolate crumb or graham cracker crumb crust, 9 inch
- chocolate, fudge, or caramel ice cream topping, shaved chocolate and/or toasted almonds to garnish
How to Make Mocha Chocolate Pie
- 1In large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips. Set aside and cool.
- 2Beat cream, coffee granules, sugar and vanilla on low speed until granules and sugar are dissolved. Then, beat on high just until stiff peaks form. Set aside 1 1/2 cups for topping.
- 3Gradually and gently, fold remaining cream mixture into cooled chocolate until well blended. Pour into pie crust.
- 4Spread with reserved whipped cream mixture. Garnish as desired by drizzling with chocolate or caramel, toasted almonds or shaved chocolate. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.