Mini Strawberry Hand Pies
They both look and sound delicious, and pretty easy to make. I am sharing it with you; although it is not likely a new idea, I haven't seen one using this "Strawberry Butter". It sounds a lot like jam...but you know when you say "the same, only different?!
1pie crust, purchased or home made, uncooked
10 1/2 tspstrawberry butter (recipe below)
·slow cooker strawberry butter-low sugar
2 qtstrawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
·sugar to taste
How to Make Mini Strawberry Hand Pies
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut pie crust into 7 4 inch circles. Place 1½ tsps. of strawberry butter in the center of each circle. Moisten edge of the circle and fold over.
Crimp edges with the tines of a fork. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp. water. Brush over pies. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut a small slit in each pie to vent, or cut tiny crows feet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Slow Cooker Strawberry Butter
- Put strawberries into a slow cooker. Cook on high approximately 2 hours. With a spoon, break the berries apart if they are still intact. Stir in sugar. Cook on high another 2 hours, stirring occasionally.