Mini Strawberry Hand Pies
They both look and sound delicious, and pretty easy to make. I am sharing it with you; although it is not likely a new idea, I haven't seen one using this "Strawberry Butter". It sounds a lot like jam...but you know when you say "the same, only different?!
- pie crust, purchased or home made, uncooked
- 10 1/2 tsp
- strawberry butter (recipe below)
- egg yolk
- 1 tsp
- slow cooker strawberry butter-low sugar
- 2 qt
- strawberries, washed, hulled, and halved
- sugar to taste
How to Make Mini Strawberry Hand Pies
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- 2Cut pie crust into 7 4 inch circles. Place 1½ tsps. of strawberry butter in the center of each circle. Moisten edge of the circle and fold over.
Crimp edges with the tines of a fork. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- 3Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp. water. Brush over pies. Sprinkle with sugar. Cut a small slit in each pie to vent, or cut tiny crows feet. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- 4Slow Cooker Strawberry Butter
- 5Put strawberries into a slow cooker. Cook on high approximately 2 hours. With a spoon, break the berries apart if they are still intact. Stir in sugar. Cook on high another 2 hours, stirring occasionally.