Mini lemon tarts
Ilean Maite Benvenuti
- egg yolk
- 1 tsp
- grated lemon rind and 2 ounces of lemon juice
- 2 oz
- butter chopped
- lemon rind, grated (to serve)
- 1 1/2
- sheets of ready rolled short crusts(save time)
FOR THE CRUST
WHIPPED CREAM (TO SERVE)
How to Make Mini lemon tarts
- 1Make lemon curd: Place egg, egg yolk, sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice in a heavy-based saucepan. Whisk to combine. Add butter. Place over medium heat. Cook, whisking, for 7 to 8 minutes or until mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Stand for 5 minutes. Pour into a small bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Set aside to cool completely.
- 2Meanwhile, lightly grease a 12-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini muffin pan. Using a 6.5cm cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Press pastry rounds into prepared pan. Pierce bases with a fork. Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- 3Preheat oven to 350F. Bake pastry cases for 15 to 16 minutes or until light golden. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4Spoon 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon curd in each pastry case. Topped wth whipped cream and lemon rind.