Mini Eggnog Pies
Bre Van Patten
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This little bite-sized pies are fabulous! The chili in the crust mixed with the gingersnaps adds a bit of spice, but it's not overpowering. With all the right spices, the filling is just eggnog-goodness! The chocolate shavings on top are the perfect touch. These will be great on the holiday dessert table. The Test Kitchen
- 1 box
- vanilla (or even butterscotch was yummy!) instant pudding
- 2 c
- 1 2/3 c
- ground or crushed gingersnaps (or your favorite ginger cookie)
- 2 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp
- ground chili powder
- 1/4 c
- dark chocolate shavings
How to Make Mini Eggnog Pies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In medium mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mix and eggnog. Just follow the directions on pudding box in regards to whisking time. When thickened, whisk in cinnamon and nutmeg, then set in freezer.
- 3If you haven't already, blend cookies in food processor. When cookies are finely ground, pulse in quarter tablespoon of ground chili powder. Then pour in melted butter and pulse until well incorporated.
- 4Now in this step, I pre-purchased mini paper cupcake liners. (I found these really cute Christmas themed ones. The liners should be small enough to be bite sized.) Place them on a cookie sheet. I used my mini ice cream scooper, and scooped about half a scoop into each tin. If you don't have a mini ice cream scooper, you could just use a tablespoon, and fill it 3/4 of the way for each tin. After putting a scoop in each liner, I used the back of the scoop to push the cookie mixture down, to sort of fit the sides of the liners - turning them into mini pie shells.
- 5Put into the oven, and bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Then pull out and set aside to cool.
- 6Remove pudding mixture from freezer, and do a quick whisk to make mixture smooth again. With mini ice cream scoop (or I used a piping bag with star tip, for a much prettier end result!), put one scoop of pudding mixture into each mini pie shell (now cooled).
- 7Garnish with sprinkle of chili powder and shaved dark chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Also can make ahead and freeze. Good in freezer for about a week if in sealed container.
- 8Sit back and watch people's eyes roll into the backs of their heads! =D