MINCE PIE FILLING BY JANET
1 lbseeded raisins
1 lbfinely chopped beef suet
·the grated rind of 2 lemons
1/2 lbcandied orange peel and citron ghopped fine
2 lbpeeled cored and chopped apples
1 1/2 tspmixed spices
1 cgrape juice
1 Tbspkosher salt
How to Make MINCE PIE FILLING BY JANET
- Prepare the fruits by seeding the raisins, washing and drying both these and the currants.
- Add the suet very finely chopped.
- Run the peel through a meat chopper or chop it very fine with a knife, mix all together with the sugar, spices, grated lemon rind, apples, salt, and grape juice.
- Keeps at least a week before using stirring occasionally.
- This quantity will make about eight good size pies. Freeze as needed.