Midwest Apple Maple Cream Pie
This is the best creamy apple pie I have tasted in a long time- I love the texture of pie and the Maple just set this pie in a category all by itself. You will love this delicate Maple favored pie. ! Oh so good!
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar, not packed
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- apple pie spice
- 1/4 tsp
- 6 c
- sliced ,peeled granny smith apples
- 1/2 c
- pure maple syrup or maple flavored syrup(not as good)
- 1/4 c
- whipping cream, not whipped
- 1/2 tsp
- 6 small
- dabs soft butter
- recipe for double crust 9-inch pie (below)
- maple syrup and granulated sugar for garnish
How to Make Midwest Apple Maple Cream Pie
- 1Make pie crust:
Blend flour and salt in mixing bowl.
Cut chilled shortening into flour mixture using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with pea-sized pieces.Sprinkle with 3 Tablespoons of ice water; mix gently with fork.
Add more water by the Tablespoon mixing until dough holds together. Divide dough into 2 balls one slightly larger than the other.
Flatten dough into two 1/2 inch disks., wrap in plastic wrap. and chill for 30 minutes.
Place larger dish of dough on a piece of wax paper and cover with another sheet of paper. And roll out into circle 2 inches wider than pie plate. Place remove top piece of paper and flip crust over into pie plate. Remove remaining paper. Fill unbaked pie crust with prepared apple filling. Roll top crust the same as bottom crust; lift onto filled pie dish. Trim dough evenly around plate to about 3/4 inches overhang. Press edges together and flute. Cut slits in top crust. Bake according to recipe directions.
- 2Pie Filling:
In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon and pie spice. Add the apple slices and gently toss to coat evenly. Fill pie crust with mixture.
- 3In a small bowl: combine Maple syrup, unwhipped cream and vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over apples. Dot with butter. Cover pie with top crust- flute to seal edges, cut or poke steam vents all over top; or make a lattice top for pie, sealing strips to crust edges.
Brush top crust with Maple syrup and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake in 375^ oven for 25 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350^ and bake 25-30 minutes more or until apples are tender and juice are bubbling.