Maple Syrup Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- pastry dough or frozen pastry shell
- 1/2 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 1/3 c
- pure maple syrup (dark amber if possible)
- 2 tsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- creme fraiche or whipped cream
How to Make Maple Syrup Pie
- 1Heat oven to 350º F. You can use your favorite recipe and roll out dough into an 11-inch round on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin and fit into an 8-inch (3-cup) glass pie plate. Trim excess dough and crimp edges. OR Use a frozen 8 inch (deep-dish) pie shell!
- 2Whisk together brown sugar and eggs until creamy. Add cream, syrup, and butter, then whisk until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell.
- 3Bake pie in lower third of oven until pastry is golden and filling is puffed and looks dry but still trembles, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool on a rack to room temperature (filling will set as pie cools).