Luck of the Irish Creme de Menthe Pie
I previously posted this recipe as "Light as a Cloud Creme de Menthe Pie," but thought I'd post it with the St. Patrick's Day recipes. I plan to make it on St. Paddy's Day. I thought you may like to try it then too.
This is a light -but rich pie. I like the cool mint flavor & pretty green color. Since I am part Irish -St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite times -with all the good dishes & celebrations. Happy St. Paddy's Day. I hope that you find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
- 30 large
- 1/2 c
- crème de menthe
- 1 pt
- whipping cream (whipped)
- graham cracker crust or chocolate cookie crust
How to Make Luck of the Irish Creme de Menthe Pie
- 1Melt marshmallows in Crème de Menthe; Cool thoroughly
- 2Fold in whipped cream.
Put in cookie crust
- 3Chill overnight – or at least 2 hours
- 4NOTE 1: Don’t be tempted to put in more than 1/2 cup Creme de Menthe. If you do it will be too liquidly and it won’t set up good.
- 5NOTE 2: To make this non-alcoholic, replace the Crème de Menthe with 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons (taste after adding 1-1/2 teaspoons) of Peppermint or Spearmint extract to the un-whipped whipping cream.