Lemon Meringue Ice-Cream Pie
This is an easy and quick pie- this pie can be made ahead for up to 2 weeks!
Recipe from Southern Living tweaked by me.
Make this the day before you want to serve.
- 2 pt
- vanilla ice cream; spoon-able soft
- 8- inch vanilla cookie crust
- 1 1/2 c
- homemade lemon curd or that from a jar
- vanilla cookie wafers
- meringue topping or whipped cream
How to Make Lemon Meringue Ice-Cream Pie
- 1Let ice cream stand at room temperature until soft enough to spread. Spoon 2 cups of the ice cream into the crust. Top with 3/4 cup of lemon curd; repeat with remaining ice cream and lemon curd. Gently swirl ice cream and curd with a knife or small spatula to blend.
- 2Insert vanilla wafer cookies around the edge of pie. Cover and freeze overnight or for 8 hours.
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
Beat egg white in a small bowl with vanilla and cream of tartar at medium speed until soft peak form. Gradually add sugar, beating at high speed until stiff peaks form and sugar has dissolved. Spread to edge of crust to avoid shrinkage. Bake as directed below.
- 3Spread prepared meringue over pie. Brown with a kitchen torch if desired.;otherwise preheat broiler with rack 8 inches from heat and brown for 30-45 seconds until golden brown. Serve immediately, or cover loosely with plastic wrap or place in plastic pie carrier and freeze 4 hours or up to 1 week.