Lawdy That's Naughty Apple Pie
***Disclaimer - 99% of the dishes represented by the photographs are shot with a Pro SLR camera and owned by me. The appearance of the dishes are an accurate result of my recipes, and are usually taken immediately after the dish is completed. Please feel free to use my photos as a guide in achieving perfect results when you make the dishes, as well as share any changes you might have made to the recipe to personalize it, as I might be interested in giving it a try!
2frozen rolled pie crusts (thawed)
1/2 cunsalted butter
3 Tbspall-purpose flour
1/2 cbrown sugar (packed)
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 Tbsppure vanilla extract
8 mediumgranny smith apples (peeled, cored, sliced)
How to Make Lawdy That's Naughty Apple Pie
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, cinnamon, nutmeg, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan.
- Pour 2/3 of the liquid over the apples in a large bowl; mix well.
- Fill crust with apples mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice crust. Gently pour the remaining sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F. Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Serve a la mode or with a touch of whipped cream! Delish!